Network Issues

Please post computer issues here. We will try to help you. Also for showing off your PC.
Hey. I have got a weird issue with my network. I have a 16Mbps speed, which is 2MBps of download. This speed is maintained when downloading via steam, torrents or whatever. Any programs which have their own launcher and do not require a browser to transfer data. However, if i downlaod anything from chrome/firefox, maximum download speed i get is 200kBps. That too in rare cases, it is usually less than 35kBps. This is quite annoying and if anybody has any workarounds, please let me know.

P.s. IDM(Internet download manager too caps out at 200kBps), i put in a complaint with the ISP, and they couldnt find any issues either. Any help is appreciated. thanks
How many browsers did you try?
Peter wrote:
Thu Aug 24, 2017 10:56 pm
How many browsers did you try?
all of em. I have chrome, firefox and IE installed on my PC. i used chrome and firefox. IE was wayyy too shitty to try
What if you use another computer?
Peter wrote:
Fri Aug 25, 2017 12:19 pm
What if you use another computer?
i tried that too. with the same response. i tried it on IE there, then tried with chrome too. Same results. I reinstalled chrome on my pc again and still nothing
I could say this is not the browser's fault,its basically the server not being capable of sending the data that fast.

Steam is known for being fast af,torrent sometimes tends not to give the best speed performance at times but browsers are the worst,most of the time servers fail to keep up the speed,or they dont pay much to increase it? Not an IT guy,just what I read on tomshardware.
UjiDea wrote:
Fri Aug 25, 2017 3:49 pm
I could say this is not the browser's fault,its basically the server not being capable of sending the data that fast.

Steam is known for being fast af,torrent sometimes tends not to give the best speed performance at times but browsers are the worst,most of the time servers fail to keep up the speed,or they dont pay much to increase it? Not an IT guy,just what I read on tomshardware.
so, basically no workaround? well, fuck.
i mean how can this be happening on all sites, really
Most websites run off of a 100Mbps or more connection. Use Speedtest to determine if you actually get too little speed.
Peter wrote:
Sat Aug 26, 2017 8:41 am
Most websites run off of a 100Mbps or more connection. Use Speedtest to determine if you actually get too little speed.
yeah i did that xD
funnily, i get 16.5 to 17Mbps in there
AlexCop wrote:
Sat Aug 26, 2017 3:11 pm
Peter wrote:
Sat Aug 26, 2017 8:41 am
yeah i did that xD
funnily, i get 16.5 to 17Mbps in there
So it means your browser is working correctly.

It might be the websites that you are trying to download from. Some websites limit download speeds. Usually websites where you download illegally.