Laptop Overheating // Laptop Users

Please post computer issues here. We will try to help you. Also for showing off your PC.
So this has been going on for quite some time.

Since I use a laptop for everything (Yeah,fuck me),the CPU has started to Overheat and the Fan is not able to cool it off enough thus resultin on the CPU working in barely 0.9ghz to kinda lower the temperature itself.It's a big problem cause once it heats I can barely use my laptop anymore,it blocks like fuck.

Was asking if anyone has any "homemade techniques" since Google only gives you 3 solutions which I've already done.If you guys know any,please help a brother out.

Basically once my CPU heats up,it dramatically lowers the performance in order to cool things off but thats a pain in the ass cause it literally heats in less then 20mins of using it.
Hell_Rock1 wrote:
Wed Jun 07, 2017 1:45 pm
So this has been going on for quite some time.

Since I use a laptop for everything (Yeah,fuck me),the CPU has started to Overheat and the Fan is not able to cool it off enough thus resultin on the CPU working in barely 0.9ghz to kinda lower the temperature itself.It's a big problem cause once it heats I can barely use my laptop anymore,it blocks like fuck.

Was asking if anyone has any "homemade techniques" since Google only gives you 3 solutions which I've already done.If you guys know any,please help a brother out.

Basically once my CPU heats up,it dramatically lowers the performance in order to cool things off but thats a pain in the ass cause it literally heats in less then 20mins of using it.
Sounds more likes your CPU cooler is broken.
This is GOOD behaviour of the CPU. It will stop itself from melting.
Are you sure your laptop is clean of dust on the inside?
Adding a cooling pad might work.
I reached 92celcius today,first time ever.

Gonna open it and clean as much as I can,hopefully it will work.
If my CPU Cooler is broken or somehow not working properly,can I change it? Am I able to replace it?
Hell_Rock1 wrote:
Wed Jun 07, 2017 7:23 pm
I reached 92celcius today,first time ever.

Gonna open it and clean as much as I can,hopefully it will work.
If my CPU Cooler is broken or somehow not working properly,can I change it? Am I able to replace it?
Well if it's the fan, you might be in luck. But you are probably going to have to hit up ebay for that.

I personally had my CPU hit 110C (max TDP) before I installed a new CPU cooler (desktop though). I would try to find out if the fan still works. Usually heatsinks don't break that easily... So the most logical issue is that the fan is broken and the heatsink itself is far from sufficient to get rid of the heat.
I just cleaned the shit out of the laptop and so far its working smoothly,it has it's moments of dropping performance but they last barely 3-5mins.

I might buy a custom fan though,since the laptop literally has only 1 fan and cooling a GPU and a CPU at the same time kinda requires more.
So might need to buy a more powerful one.
Hell_Rock1 wrote:
Wed Jun 07, 2017 10:13 pm
I just cleaned the shit out of the laptop and so far its working smoothly,it has it's moments of dropping performance but they last barely 3-5mins.

I might buy a custom fan though,since the laptop literally has only 1 fan and cooling a GPU and a CPU at the same time kinda requires more.
What GPU does it have? Shitty GPUs dont need cooling in general.
Peter wrote:
Wed Jun 07, 2017 10:55 pm
Hell_Rock1 wrote:
Wed Jun 07, 2017 10:13 pm

What GPU does it have? Shitty GPUs dont need cooling in general.
AMD Radeon HD 8790M (2GB Vram,up to 900mhz clock speed).

2 gpu's tho,the Intel is the shitty one.
Clean the laptop fans, they really help for 2-4 degree celcius.

If you had your laptop for a super long time, might wanna consider replacing your thermal paste. I plan on doing this soon

For reference my macbook was always being throttled around 100 degrees when I was recording/streaming before, then I couldnt get 60fps. Now with it cleaned I can do it quite easily. It still gets throttled but not as often. Its a limitation of a laptop I guess