Cracked Wifi networks / Multiple Accts

Please post computer issues here. We will try to help you. Also for showing off your PC.
Well, I was looking on the forums "Banned?" section and I seen 2 people got banned for multiple accounts on the same network. Just to make this really clear, any wifi network that is not hidden (Shown on nearby network list), it can be cracked in seconds. For the tour how it works is below "WARNING!!! Cracking/Hacking is illegal".
And I show you another type of proof from a chat log on EsperNet:

Code: Select all

<MRNATEGEEK> Is it possible for anyone to hack a network via IP Address?
<phroa> that sounds super scary
<phroa> why, are you being hacked?
<MRNATEGEEK> I think but my brother that went to Prison said if money is not disappearing, I not getting hacked. Even they dont go for the money, what can they do to a network?
<phroa> all kinds of things dude, it's really bad
<phroa> everything you see on tv but worse
<MRNATEGEEK> I know a IP Address can be tracable but what is scary about this, I got a network with 6 devices or more always connected 24/7 so if they can hack these devices as well, that is why I need a firewall
<phroa> oh shit dude
<MRNATEGEEK> Do you have any information how this is done and what a hacker will do so I can show my brother to prove it to him?
<phroa> yeah you need to put at least like six firewalls between you and the internet
<MRNATEGEEK> But how is what I looking for
<phroa> if you see someone in this mask, run.  http://static.tumblr.com/cc070ee585a9933d3a0b99e9e7f705d9/znkawke/Y2fna80xe/tumblr_static_2rbi1bm16b6skkc8swc448oks.gif
<phroa> their most dangerous tool is called 'tracer route'.  disable it at all costs
<phroa> stay vigilant, brother
<MRNATEGEEK> I live in Texas, United States
<phroa> nice
<MRNATEGEEK> But I got a modem owned by <PREVIOUS ISP> and what I heard, I need to disable DHCP for the firewall to function but on that router, there is no function for that
<phroa> that's rough man
<MRNATEGEEK> <REMOVED BECAUSE INFORMATION ABOUT MY IP ADDRESS>
<phroa> oh
<MRNATEGEEK> Is it possible for my wifi password can be cracked?
<phroa> have you ever heard of war driving?
<MRNATEGEEK> I noticed a unknown device on my network and on virtual servers, I see who owned that device has used a torrent downloader program
<MRNATEGEEK> Because I not at home, I cannot give you the full information about the device
<phroa> the _only_ thing you can do to secure a home network is something called "MAC whitelisting".  your password has probably already been cracked in a matter of seconds by someone literally driving by in a van filled with the tech to do it
<phroa> if there's a device you don't recognize on your network, that's like game over
<phroa> get it off the network, change the password you use for _everything_.  use programs called 'password managers' to help you use a single password for each service, don't use the same one for two things.  I suggest everyone there changes all their most critical passwords
<phroa> wifi passwords are some of the easiest to break
<MRNATEGEEK> So it can be cracked?
<phroa> absolutely
<MRNATEGEEK> But my wifi password is random chars like cieco7dc9x (Example)
<phroa> doesn't matter
But if you don't want to get banned PLEASE LOGIN TO YOUR ROUTER AND DISABLE BROADCAST SSID AND CHANGE SSID
I would think all of you are using Windows so to find out the ip address of your router is:

1. Open Command Prompt
2. Type ipconfig

You should see something like this:

Wireless LAN adapter Wi-Fi:

Connection-specific DNS Suffix  . :
   Link-local IPv6 Address . . . . . : <REMOVED>
   IPv4 Address. . . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.43.38
   Subnet Mask . . . . . . . . . . . : 255.255.255.0
   Default Gateway . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.43.1 <-- This is the router's ip address
But your router's ip address can be the following ip addresses below:

These are the ones I have seen on previous routers I used. To change router settings, you going to need the username and password. Which can be the ones below:

Username: admin / Password: admin
Username: admin / Password: <blank>
If these don't work, you can see the router settings password on the router. If none exists, there is a reason for Google to be online
They still need to be logged in to your wifi network to access your router, so that doesn't really justify multiple accounts on a single network.
I serious, have you heard of sniffing?
MRNATEGEEK wrote:
Tue Mar 21, 2017 12:21 pm
That can only happen on unencrypted connections.
Yes I know it is possible on encrypted connections as well, but you need the power that the NSA has to be able to do that.
Peter wrote:
Wed Mar 22, 2017 12:17 am
MRNATEGEEK wrote:
Yes I know it is possible on encrypted connections as well, but you need the power that the NSA has to be able to do that.
Well, at least VPN/Proxies fixes this multiple accts issue. But it does not fix the issue about ban evading. I don't know what you mean by NSA but if the SSID is hidden, there is no risks involved. At least only my devices connect to it and not using VPN/Proxies. There are people that changes their MAC address in places where only paid wifi network exist and spoof "Internet" on their end but it still falls into the illegal zone. What I would do is if you connect to a wifi network that is not your control, you need to be connected to a VPN to not only hide your ip address but to hide what traffic you send thru the network.
MRNATEGEEK wrote:
Wed Mar 22, 2017 2:24 am
Peter wrote:
MRNATEGEEK wrote:
Well, at least VPN/Proxies fixes this multiple accts issue. But it does not fix the issue about ban evading. I don't know what you mean by NSA but if the SSID is hidden, there is no risks involved. At least only my devices connect to it and not using VPN/Proxies. There are people that changes their MAC address in places where only paid wifi network exist and spoof "Internet" on their end but it still falls into the illegal zone. What I would do is if you connect to a wifi network that is not your control, you need to be connected to a VPN to not only hide your ip address but to hide what traffic you send thru the network.
Encrypted traffic can not be read even on the same network. You can only actually read packets using sniffing if the traffic is NOT encrypted. Encrypted traffic can only be read using huge computational power (e.g. NSA).
Peter wrote:
Wed Mar 22, 2017 8:42 am
MRNATEGEEK wrote:
Wed Mar 22, 2017 2:24 am
Peter wrote:
MRNATEGEEK wrote:
Encrypted traffic can not be read even on the same network. You can only actually read packets using sniffing if the traffic is NOT encrypted. Encrypted traffic can only be read using huge computational power (e.g. NSA).
I only know what I have seen and heard, I not into hacking