Windows 8 Update Blackout

Please post computer issues here. We will try to help you. Also for showing off your PC.
Roxanne
Gangsta Clucker
KCNR Username: Roxanne

Sun Jun 14, 2015 2:31 pm

So, there is this naughty Windows Update, that makes most Asus laptops go on a blackout loop upon startup. It looks like your laptop is initializing your monitor, but then stops and tries again and again and again, 'til infinity. The only possible "fix" I've found, is that I removed the battery, rebooted and the automatic startup repair allowed me to refresh my pc, losing everything I downloaded manually.

Does anyone know which Windows Update does this? "KB??????" ? Also be aware, set the Windows Update downloading to manual, so you can keep track of your updates.

:twisted:
vitaliy
Gangsta Clucker
KCNR Username: vitaliy

Mon Jun 15, 2015 10:00 am

Ehm uninstall the last update your computer did, there's a update history section that allows you to see what updates you did ._.
wasay0029
Clucker
KCNR Username: Jackman

Mon Jun 15, 2015 1:21 pm

You must've made recovery point?
Henor
Gangsta Clucker
KCNR Username: Wolf_Haley

Mon Jun 15, 2015 3:45 pm

hmmm what kind of laptop is it ???

Mine is Asus also and i have all the latest updates installed...
Installing updates manually is better. My antivirus doesn't let me put in automatic xD.
The main reason is that your update wasn't installed properly, so you can install that update again with no worries. It happened to me once in my old HP laptop.
EX SWAT Commander
EX ADMIN
RETIRED
Kent
Gangsta Clucker
KCNR Username: kent_BoBo

Tue Jun 16, 2015 9:44 pm

I have a desktop with W8 and 3 screens, W8 is not compatible with 3+ screens...

I recommend downgrading to W7.

Windows 8 is nothing but trouble.
I'm so stoned I don't remember what I said in the beginning of this sentence.
Yezpahr wrote:You're a young, blind, antfucking, down syndrome faggot, fucked in the anus by your own uncle. Geez, grow the fuck up you boner biting bastard.
Roxanne
Gangsta Clucker

Sun Jun 21, 2015 12:39 am

vitaliy wrote:Ehm uninstall the last update your computer did, there's a update history section that allows you to see what updates you did ._.
No, my friend, I couldn't. The screen goes black immediately on startup, before the desktop loads in. There was no other choice but to smother it with the off button 3-4 times until it prompted to the refresh on it's own.
Yes it is an Asus.
I can't downgrade to W7 because the laptop had built-in Win8, bought and paid for.
I don't have 3 screens, I just use a TV as external monitor but it makes no difference.

I have the updates on manual now, I might have two numbers as suspects, waiting for them to pop up on the update list.

Kent
Gangsta Clucker
KCNR Username: kent_BoBo

Sun Jun 21, 2015 1:32 pm

Oh yeah the update software for W8 is horrible I also have it on manual cause if not the 'Windows Modules Installer Worker' will steal all my CPU or RAM.
Keep an eye on that!

I was just making a point with the 3 monitors, You can still downgrade even tho it came with W8.
I'm so stoned I don't remember what I said in the beginning of this sentence.
Yezpahr wrote:You're a young, blind, antfucking, down syndrome faggot, fucked in the anus by your own uncle. Geez, grow the fuck up you boner biting bastard.
Thorn
Big Clucker
KCNR Username: Usman

Sun Jun 21, 2015 5:34 pm

Get Yourself Widnows 10 :D
..I'm a Barbie girl in a Barbie world..
Roxanne
Gangsta Clucker

Mon Jun 22, 2015 12:29 pm

kent_BoBo wrote:the 'Windows Modules Installer Worker' will steal all my CPU or RAM.
Yes, THAT ! :arrow:
kent_BoBo wrote:I was just making a point with the 3 monitors, You can still downgrade even tho it came with W8.
I actually like Windows 8.
I don't use the App screen, but still.
Will try Windows 10 later.

Yezpahr

Mon Jun 22, 2015 6:26 pm

Windows 10 will be bullshit.

For example.

The bottom 3 "blocks" (for lack of better term), are having their names 'blocked' by a noob version of the task bar.
Which genius made that crap? I reckon it must've been the smartest of their chimp army that brought this up.

There's also a store-button. No, not to store things but to BUY things from..... You buy windows, to buy programs for it? Fuck no!
I download windows to download things on. Fuck this empire of blocks, who needs a dozen randomly-sized blocks to click on if you have a perfectly fine grid of icons to look at on one of your 3 monitors.

Srsly, with a higher windows version, comes the drop of support.

#rant
×*ׯ¯¯ Serial Rapist ¯¯¯¯×*×
×*ׯ¯¯¯ Pot head ¯¯¯¯¯¯×*×
×*ׯPart of The LvMafia¯×*×
ImageImage
God made the Dutch as the finishing touch.