Connecting to IRC.

Find tutorials about KCNR here. Need help? Ask for help here.
mIRC
Go to mIRC.com
Click the Download mIRC button
This page will pop up:
click 'Download mIRC'
click Download Now
Wait for it to start downloading...
now that it downloaded, install it...
Accept everything it asks for and when it's done installing, open mIRC.exe
Go through the parameters untill you get this screen:
now type /server pool.irc.tl -j #lvcnr,#lvcnr.echo
Press enter and you will connect to IRC!

Mibbit
Go to mibbit.com
And scroll down untill you see what's aligned with the red button..
Click it and you should see this come up, however I already filled the parameters.
Click on server and fill pool.irc.tl in in that. Nickname you fill in the nickname you want. And channel you fill in: #lvcnr,#lvcnr.echo
Now you should see it connect... And if you click on #lvcnr.echo it should look like this:

xChat
Download xChat from http://code.google.com/p/xchat-wdk/ as there are multiple versions of which one costs money and the third one is bugged. This one however isn't.

Install xChat

open it after installation and you should see a screen pop up. Click on "xChat" on the menu bar. Click on "Network List..." and you should see this:
Now click on "ADD" then change the thing that appears to "pool.irc.tl" or "FocoGaming" and click on edit (buttons/text to edit are aligned with red)
Now change the network address to "irc.tl/6667" click on autoconnect to on (the sort of v in the checkbox), add "#lvcnr,#lvcnr.echo" to the channels you want to join and insert your nickserv password in the box that says "password here" like it is in the picture:
Now all you have to do is click on connect!

IceChat
--might be added soon
but how do i get perma voice on mibbit since whenever an admin gives me voice, i have voice until i leave the chatroom.
anthonywastrinh wrote:but how do i get perma voice on mibbit since whenever an admin gives me voice, i have voice until i leave the chatroom.
You have to register
/ns register [password] [e-mail]
Then everytime you come on IRC, you have to /ns identify [password]
Except if you set up a script that automatically identifies you.
In IceChat which I use there is a built-in feature for this.
And last, but not least, ask an admin to give you perma voice.
Added xChat
peter can you do icechat7 please?
thnx fuet :D
i tried fuet /ns register email and password but no voice as yet
You'll have to ask an administrator with a @,& or ~ for a permanent voice.
Fuet wrote:You'll have to ask an administrator with a @,& or ~ for a permanent voice.
ok Fuet but i still dont have perma voice. I'll try again ok mibbit but if not, ill try on one of the computer programs listed before.
anthonywastrinh wrote:
Fuet wrote:You'll have to ask an administrator with a @,& or ~ for a permanent voice.
ok Fuet but i still dont have perma voice. I'll try again ok mibbit but if not, ill try on one of the computer programs listed before.
If I'm around, I'll check it.