Open Wifi Networks / Hackers see traffic (VPN)

Find tutorials about KCNR here. Need help? Ask for help here.
MRNATEGEEK
Big Chick
KCNR Username: MRNATEGEEK

Sun Apr 16, 2017 3:56 am

Even I connected to my wifi network and its password protected, I still want to post this here as a warning.
Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V3SP1y96wNE
If you connect to Public Wifi, your internet traffic can be seen by anyone. For a example, if you connect to public wifi and you connect to LVCNR, your account is at risk. Its not also safe to access your bank accounts on public wifi because like I said, it can be seen and they can steal your money.

You see HTTPS on some sites but its only encrypted on login and checkout page. And I know there is a VPN services out there but most Game Communities don't allow it on their servers.

This topic is made to show you why you banned for multi-accts or acct sharing, even when you don't tell people your passwords. And I know there is no 100% AntiVirus Protection in the world but the worst thing you do even if your antivirus protection is protecting you is connect to public wifi and your traffic such as downloads, what websites you load and other services you use.
MRNATEGEEK
Big Chick

Sun Apr 16, 2017 3:58 am

If you got a phone with unlimited data, just download a IRC Client and proof. Your traffic to IRC cannot be seen by other people but only if they connect to your phone via mobile hotspot which I don't think there is unlimited data for that.
Kaisera
Newbie Chick
KCNR Username: Kaisera

Sun Apr 16, 2017 4:44 pm

Who gives a fuck about that?
MRNATEGEEK
Big Chick

Mon Apr 17, 2017 2:44 am

Kaisera wrote:
You really going to be rude after warning people about Public Wifi? Just relax, just ignore this topic if you don't use Public Wifi. I don't have a tour of this in action but there is another topic recently about this I just noticed, I just trying to protect people's accounts being stolen by hackers. If you use Public Wifi and you don't think your information being sent to the router won't be seen by hackers, you thinking wrong. Don't twist my words, its like not having a AntiVirus Protection when you connect to Public Wifi.
Peter
The Cluckin' Godfather
KCNR Username: Peter

Mon Apr 17, 2017 5:09 am

MRNATEGEEK wrote:
Sun Apr 16, 2017 3:56 am
Even I connected to my wifi network and its password protected, I still want to post this here as a warning.
Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V3SP1y96wNE
If you connect to Public Wifi, your internet traffic can be seen by anyone. For a example, if you connect to public wifi and you connect to LVCNR, your account is at risk. Its not also safe to access your bank accounts on public wifi because like I said, it can be seen and they can steal your money.

You see HTTPS on some sites but its only encrypted on login and checkout page. And I know there is a VPN services out there but most Game Communities don't allow it on their servers.

This topic is made to show you why you banned for multi-accts or acct sharing, even when you don't tell people your passwords. And I know there is no 100% AntiVirus Protection in the world but the worst thing you do even if your antivirus protection is protecting you is connect to public wifi and your traffic such as downloads, what websites you load and other services you use.
A website with HTTPS is encrypted throughout the browsing session. So not just checkout and login. Please read how HTTPS actually works.

HTTPS is actually rather simple. You connect through HTTP to the webserver. The webserver has a public and private key. It encrypts data using it's private key, that can be decrypted using it's public key. The webserver and the client decide on a hash to use for the data. The data is then hashed throughout the browsing session using that hash. Therefore it is secure throughout being on that site. Please don't talk bullshit here. Don't act like you know it all, you don't.
MRNATEGEEK wrote: If you got a phone with unlimited data, just download a IRC Client and proof. Your traffic to IRC cannot be seen by other people but only if they connect to your phone via mobile hotspot which I don't think there is unlimited data for that.
This is false. They can still see the packets. Using SSL is the only safe option. It encrypts the packets and they can't be decrypted easily (NSA can decrypt them though).

MRNATEGEEK wrote:
Kaisera wrote:
You really going to be rude after warning people about Public Wifi? Just relax, just ignore this topic if you don't use Public Wifi. I don't have a tour of this in action but there is another topic recently about this I just noticed, I just trying to protect people's accounts being stolen by hackers. If you use Public Wifi and you don't think your information being sent to the router won't be seen by hackers, you thinking wrong. Don't twist my words, its like not having a AntiVirus Protection when you connect to Public Wifi.
Antivirus protection isn't always that good. You don't need it usually. I do however recommend it.

Want your own statistics counter? Look right here: viewtopic.php?f=25&t=1216
(Feature) introduction topic: viewtopic.php?f=25&t=28493
MRNATEGEEK
Big Chick

Mon Apr 17, 2017 5:18 am

Peter, are you f*** serious? There is alot more computer viruses on Windows than Mac OS X and Linux, I talking about millions of viruses created for Windows and 100s for Mac OS X. Rarely on Linux. Search it to find out for yourself is all I can say, VIRUS PROTECTION IS NEEDED
Ragna
Gangsta Clucker
KCNR Username: Ragna

Mon Apr 17, 2017 5:58 am

I swear this dude will go crazy, he seems paranoid.

He'll be like one of those "the CIA is after me to kill me" type of mental patients.
**Ragna**
**Part from
Majestic 12**
**From Bosnia and Herzegovina**

**Newcomer of the Year 2015**
**Deluxe Donator**

U SUX NONAME
[/size][/color]
Kaisera
Newbie Chick
KCNR Username: Kaisera

Mon Apr 17, 2017 7:27 am

Such dumb lol
Peter
The Cluckin' Godfather
KCNR Username: Peter

Mon Apr 17, 2017 8:46 am

MRNATEGEEK wrote:
Mon Apr 17, 2017 5:18 am
Peter, are you f*** serious? There is alot more computer viruses on Windows than Mac OS X and Linux, I talking about millions of viruses created for Windows and 100s for Mac OS X. Rarely on Linux. Search it to find out for yourself is all I can say, VIRUS PROTECTION IS NEEDED
Using windows defender is usually good enough. There have been people who have tested this theory and they were correct. It also depends on you, if you torrent a lot, you are going to get more viruses.

Please note that viruses for Linux has been growing due to Android.

Want your own statistics counter? Look right here: viewtopic.php?f=25&t=1216
(Feature) introduction topic: viewtopic.php?f=25&t=28493
MRNATEGEEK
Big Chick

Mon Apr 17, 2017 11:50 am

Ragna wrote:
Mon Apr 17, 2017 5:58 am
I swear this dude will go crazy, he seems paranoid.

He'll be like one of those "the CIA is after me to kill me" type of mental patients.
I not pararoid, I just trying to help people. And what Peter said about Linux, I completely forgot about that. I have AntiVirus Protection on my phone so why I don't remember when writing the previous reply. It's sometimes hard to remember stuff because something I cannot write here, I be creating another topic on another forum where it's not fully public.