[Ended] KCNR's Trailer Contest 2016

The latest news and information about Kar's Cops And Robbers.
197 posts
UPDATE 2!
We have stopped accepting entries for the competition. I'd like to thank all 14 entries for trying their best and taking time out of their day to create a trailer! It's simply amazing how many of you entered and created these awesome trailers.

On a side note, voting has begun! Entries are listed below. Who do you think should be in the top 3 out of the 14 trailers submitted?
Welcome to KCNR's Trailer Contest. It's about time we create another trailer eh? Tons of things have been added since the last contest and it's time to help showcase them. Before you start making your video, there are a few things you need to know. Below this paragraph shows the requirements, how to enter, rewards and tips/tricks to help you create your trailer.
  • How to enter:
    • Upload your FINISHED video to youtube with the name "Kar's Cops & Robbers Trailer"
    • Send me a forum or IRC PM linking to your video. (I can personally suggest changes before the deadline IF you need/want me to.)
  • Rewards:
    • 1st Place: 20 Bonds, Choice of a GTA Personal Vehicle OR a Free Custom House.
    • 2nd Place: 15 Bonds, Leftover option from 1st Place (If they pick the GTA Personal Vehicle, you get the Custom house or vice versa).
    • 3rd Place: 10 Bonds, 10m.
    • All Entries (People who didn't place): 5m. (Will be given if there is effort put into the video.)
  • Requirements:
    • Keep your trailer above 2 minutes and under 4 minutes. (Perfectly fine for a video to be 4:20)
    • Use Server.lvcnr.net:7777 and lvcnr.net when showcasing the website/server ip.
    • Quality and effort. If your video is at 15 fps and doesn't have any editing done, chances are it won't be considered an entry.
    • Only use KCNR footage. Clips from outside of KCNR aren't allowed. (Exceptions can be made for single player, PM ME FIRST.)
    • Have fun while doing it. It may be a competition, but everyone tries their best. Don't laugh at entries, instead give support/help.
  • Things to keep in mind when creating your trailer:
    • Nobody wants to spend 15 seconds watching you drive your warehouse vehicle to your house. Cut useless parts out!
    • Use instrumentals as the background music. Nobody wants to listen to Flo Rida's new single.
    • It doesn't have to only show off features. Throw in some events, car chases/shootouts, skits. Make it exciting to watch.
    • Group up! A trailer that only includes you doing things doesn't look fun. Add some group mates when recording.
    • Use cinematic mode, F7 and F9 when recording.
    • Quality, resolution and aspect ratio. Decent FPS and a 16:9 aspect ratio is a huge advantage compared to 15fps 4:3 video with black bars in 480p.
    • Do not add credits to the end of your video
    • You can team up to create videos. Rewards just need to be split between the two of you.
    • Watch your video back once it's finished as if you're a brand new player who hasn't played KCNR before. Does your video show off the KCNR you know and play? Does it make you want to join KCNR?
    • Effects, editing, and effort. Anyone can make simple videos. What makes your video special? Your personal touch of all 3 of these.
    • Remember it's perfectly fine to ask for help! My forum PMs are always open.
Your trailer will be judged biased on a few things:
  • Originality.
  • Visual and Audio effects.
  • KCNR Features (Which features you chose to show off/how you did it)
  • Overall quality.
Be respectful and helpful to others who enter. Help eachother with your trailers, work together to create some awesome stuff. I'll answer any questions you have below but things should be straight forward.
The competition end date is June 6th. Good luck!
It needs a hard work, but with these rewards everyone will try to make one xD,Anyway GL for everyone
Hahahahah. "Nobody wants to listen to Flo Rida's nee single". That made my day.
Just gonna throw a quick reminder to those starting. I've gotten PMs from people saying they're almost done their video. Do not rush, you have 44 days to finish your video. It doesn't have to be purely KCNR features only, skits, events and stuff are fine to include. Make sure your video is entertaining!
Good luck to all participants.
What if all the videos shown are boring and not entertaining?
Will there still be a winner?or it will get delayed till more videos are posted in the far/near future?
I'm pretty confident in a few players but if we do think you guys need more time, we'll delay it. 44 days is a lot of time, I'm sure something great can come out of it.
Better than a trailer contest, how about a collaboration of players for a trailer. Every admin has a team of actors who will act in their trailers to best represent KCNR and it's gameplay aspects?
Let the lead admins choose which trailer is the best!

The prize pool will need a little bit of a tweak though
Kruthal, must it be above 2 minutes, mine is just about 2 minutes
Hmm, Lets see what I can do it 44 days..
197 posts